Here at Chippers Tree Service, we’ve been providing tree trimming in Dallas for many years and know how important it is to keep your trees trimmed and healthy. Trees serve many functions and can make the outside of your home look beautiful. Having trees around your yard can provide you with plenty of shade, a place to hang a swing, a cool spot to build a tree house for your children, and provide a wonderful oasis just observe beautiful Mother Nature. With as much as trees can add to your home, you can see why you need to maintain them properly all year round to prolong their lifespan.
In our many years of operations providing tree services in Dallas, we know that not all homeowners know how to properly trim and care for their trees. Today, we’ll release the ultimate guide to properly trimming trees.
Why You Need to Trim Your Trees
Trees must be trimmed or pruned on a regular basis. It is during this time that some branches must be trimmed back or cut off to ensure the overall health of the tree and your family’s safety. There are countless reasons tree trimming is vital, not only to maintain your yard but for safety reasons, as well. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of tree trimming.
- Safety: Removing branches that are hanging close to your home is the number one reason for tree trimming, and it’s the number one reason clients seek out our tree services in Dallas.
- Tree Health: Pruning and trimming dead branches can help the overall health and vibrancy of your tree. Regular trimming encourages your trees to grow stronger.
- Aesthetics: Trimming a tree can help accentuate its beauty and improve the production of flowers and fruit.
How Often Is Tree Trimming Needed?
Here at Chippers Tree Service, we encourage customers to trim their trees at least twice per year, but it’s important to do it with the change of the season. But if your tree is growing rapidly, then you might want to do it more often. If your tree is causing any of the following problems, you need to get it trimmed.
- The tree has grown close to sidewalks, vehicles, your home, or other structures.
- A storm has caused limbs to fall or they’re close to falling.
- The tree’s growth is threatening your home, your neighbor’s property, or public safety. If this is the case, it is important to contact a tree trimming Dallas company right away to prevent any disasters.
Do It Yourself Tree Trimming
If you decide to take on the hard challenge of trimming your tree on your own, it is important to keep safety as your number one priority. The best way to do this is to hire a tree trimming company in Dallas that has the experience needed to take on the job and do it right. However, if you decide to do it on your own, make sure you follow the size guide to determine whether or not it’s safe to cut the branches.
- If it’s under 5 centimeters in diameter, then go ahead and trim it.
- If it’s between 5 and 10 centimeters in diameter, then you might want to think about it.
- If it’s greater than 10 centimeters, contact a trees services company to do it for you.
Once again, if you have any doubts about doing the job yourself, it’s best to consult with an experienced tree trimming service in Dallas. Here at Chippers Tree Service, we have years of experience providing tree services in Dallas and will ensure the job is done properly to ensure everyone’s safety.
Overall, yearly trimming is a must to keep your tree healthy, your yard looking sharp, and your family and home safe. If you are in need of tree trimming in Dallas, contact us today for a FREE estimate!
Fill out or Contact Form
Tree Cutting Services Dallas
CHIPPERS Professional Tree Cutting